Monday, January 10, 2011

Memoirs of Mumbai...Last days...

I am  writing this blog after I have reached Jodhpur.

The last week of  my stay in Mumbai  went the usual going to office and coming back and submitting my report after a lot of editing  finally  my project got submitted and i also got my certificate.



So I and my friend decided to enjoy  the event by drinking but the cream was the other day when we got the tickets of Indian Ocean which would be performing live at Bandra Fort. 




The performance was amazing...something which cannot be explained in words, the way they played and the way they performed Ma Rewa and for the first time I learnt that a flute could make such amazing magical sounds..it was just amazing and I just loved their energy with which they played cant be stated in words.It was enjoying like wine/rum which is about 100 years old.






But the most beautiful thing which I liked the most was that  the way they intermingled with the audience and that is what I beleive that makes them  most special so different from all the bands and the other thing which I like about then is that they have kept the Indian Ocean Indiansed and not followed the Western Style of Bands  blindly . Among the songs I just loved the latest song of their recent album 16/330 Khajoor Road :- Bula Raha Hai, it is one the best composed and written songs I  have ever heard.

After that i and my friend (Abhirup Mitra) went back home  with another friend Soumitra Bannerjee and we had drinks together and after a long time I discussed Rabindra Sangeet and after a long time i heard such a beautiful expression of Akash Bhora Surja Tara.I just hope i could have such more discussions with him such more and  this meeting develops into a good friendship.

Thus this ended my  short stay in Mumbai and the next day I was back in the city which  I love :- KOLKATA....oh how i love that city.

So farewell Mumbai ...Hoping that I come back again and explore you again....SO  LONG FAREWELL....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Living with Itihasa and History together

Is Itha-sa and History Synonym of each other or identical of each other each other ? From my childhood days, we all have been heari...